Monday, April 9, 2012

Scrub-a-dub-dub

I'm putting ground up chickpea with neem and two other things i can't pronounce on in the tub! 

Before you call the men in white jackets to take me away hear me out.  I'm learning a new way of life, a new healthier, energy boosting, self confidence establishing, and better outlook on life self. 

When you've been sick and tired of being sick and tired for as long as I have with no answers to be had and you are made to feel like you are just making everything up and to just accept that you will feel drained, be bloated, and overall depressed for the rest of your life only to find that one health modality that actually practices what they preach and don't discount your persistence that something is wrong with you only to have after two months of attending all but one class, gone to the retreats, gone to the Sunday afternoon lectures, learned the cooking recipes, chosen a nice cup of Chai or Spiced Milk over wine and you start to notice substantial TANGIBLE differences in your body, mind, and spirit there is nothing left to do but surrender to the process.

AAAAND BREATHE

So, with that said, my next lesson was on skin care.  There are two kinds oiling and scrubbing.  I tried both and I have to say I preferred the scrubbing over oiling.  Oiling consisted of rubbing warm sesame oil all over myself before showering and honestly, I felt like I was marinating myself.  I did not like it one bit!  It was slippery and the oil got EVERYWHERE.  Scrubbing however, consists of making a mixture of chick pea ground up with Neem and two other items mixed with either water or milk ( i used milk) and apply it like you would any scrub.  Yes, it looked yucky, yes, it stained my tub (but was easily cleaned up) and YES it was cold but after rubbing it all over I just washed it off and continued my shower as I normally would.

When I finished did my skin feel smoother than a babies butt!! I have very pale, sensitive, thin skin (I blame the Brits) and usually scrubs leave me with long red scratch marks all over me but I had no evidence of scrubbing what-so-ever.  It left a spring time fresh scent and my skin felt cool but not cold but a nice cooling tingling feeling.  Even the next day my skin feels rejuvenated, alive, and awake!  It is a long process so I won't be able to do this everyday but once a week should be just fine.

So i recommend you get your rubber duckies out and scrub scrub scrub!  This Whimpy Pallav has hers!




2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in some recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd LOVE to share them. I'll send you some. Do you have a pressure cooker?

    ReplyDelete