So I got the cooking bug tonight. On my way home I stopped off at Vics and got some Whimpy Pallav essentials, yellow moong dahl, whole brown dahl, yellow mustard, sesame oil, dhoodi, and a few other lovelies. When I got home I decided to not turn on the t.v. and watch the unfolding of the biggest mystery of all time...Did Jennifer Lopez have a nip slip!? I decided to try out a few more of my new recipes.
First up, Ghee. Ghee is yummy and that's all I'm going to say about that. The first batch i tried I ended up burning because I walked away from the stove to make sure that the jar I was going to put it in (courtesy of the $1 store) was dry enough after washing. So, attempt two proved to be a bit more successful. Here, you be the judge. This is four sticks of butter I figure I could fit 12 in this jar.
Next up Dhoodi. This is also yummy. It's light and easy to cook. I ended up adding some mustard oil, and perhaps a little too much, to help ex-sponge the Khafa so I can confidently report my sinuses are clear!
I was going to make yellow moong dhal but I got too tired. Perhaps I'll try this tomorrow.
Lookout Julia Child & Martha's of the world there's a new cook in town and this Whimpy Pallav is armed.


No comments:
Post a Comment