Wednesday, July 24, 2013

El Capitan

One afternoon, in my early pre-teen years,  fell asleep and when I awoke I had been transported to a place that was awesome, inspiring, and just mind blowing.  I remember my first word as I was groggy and just waking up from sleep as being "WHOA!!!!" That visit ignited something within me that to this day holds a flame and every time I revisit my heart skips a beat and I fall in love.

A few short years later I am presented with the opportunity to embrace that love affair and I did with enthusiasm. My formative teenage years were spent spending summers with my love of the land, air, space, water and fire.  I experienced what most teenage girls do, their first summer fling, first sense of independence and first taste of responsibility.  I spent 3 1/2 years in this space and in that time learned a lot about what I believe in and what nature can show me.  I also was confused.

My other seekers who have experienced that same unexplained awesomeness of the land felt that for some reason climbing to the tippy top of the highest granite mountain and becoming part of the "club"  was more important than the journey.  My fear of heights stopped me from joining this select few, or that's what I told myself at the time.  Realistically, I never felt the need to hike so far so high and so far wide to have the need to become part of the elite....

20 years later i find that I'm on my way to climbing a different mountain.  One that is full of more truth and more profoundness and one that could supersede the need be part of the elite.  For me, dear Palvaian readers,  I AM you. I AM learning what, where and when it means to become a soul that not only has a heart that skips a beat when they see natures grandeur offerings but to those in a more human form as well.  I AM slowly but surely and on my own terms climbing El Captian.

No comments:

Post a Comment