Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Spring has sprung and so has my digestion.  This year I decided to participate in a new type of Spring cleaning health regimen by going on an Amm Patchan diet.  This seven day diet consists of seven different kitcherie recipes all with different levels of intensity.  The purpose of this diet is not to purge and ream your body of waste but to clear any undigested food in your system that if not properly digested can manifest into harmful toxins or precursors to health issues down the road.   The reason why I went on this diet is because I figure if I am going to recommend a client go on it I should try it one time just so I will know what they are experiencing.

This is not a diet for the weak.  It's not painful in the way that it "cleans" you out like some diets but it IS difficult. I have considered nixing the diet several times a day but I know in the end I will have the satisfaction of knowing I've done it and my regular food will taste so much better!  Not to mention after comparing notes with some classmates on their experiences I've decided that some of them have it way worse than me so this Pallav is going to suck it up!

Day One:
Rice gruel...basically you overcook rice and use minimal spices.  This tastes like paste. I had to make it twice because the first batch was virtually in-edible.  Felt o.k. was hungry but not ravishing.

Day Two:
Rice and green dahl gruel.  A teeny tiny bit better still not great tasting but it filled me up and I knew it was nourishing.  Felt o.k. still was a little bit more hungry than the day before and had a dull headache.

Day Three:
Twice cooked rice & yellow dahl with asparagus.  I was excited to make this not only because I could add more spices adding to flavor but i like asparagus.   I like this recipe and thought to myself that I would add it to my repertoire of side dishes in regular meals.  Felt a little bit dazed and hungry still but I like this one so ate quite a bit of it.  Headache still but a bit more intense.

Day Four:
Twice cooked rice, yellow dahl, spinach and dandelion greens.  This was a step down from the previous days recipe.  I could eat a bowl and be o.k. but on this day my body was really reacting to the lack of regular foods.  I did feel a little bit lighter in my body but also dizzy, weak and by 9:00 p.m. i had a massive migraine.  Spent the night being sick from it.

Day Five:
Today is Friday, Friday normally means burrito day.  I'm sacrificing my burrito for better digestion.  I'm not happy about this so today's mantra is "2 more days". Still feeling a slight headache and not very hungry as a result from yesterday's migraine but I will give it the old college try.  Today is just plain kitcherie (rice, yellow dahl, spices and dum da dum....GHEEEEEEE!). Having Ghee almost makes up for not having the burrito....almost.

Day Six:
Consisted of rice gruel, dahl & cauliflower.....oh, and passing out from hunger in public.

As a result I needed to stop my regimen a day early.  Me passing out was not worth the eating regimen (or there lack of).  Do I feel better, a little to yes.  Would I do this again? NO.  Would I recommend it?  NO.  It was a good experiment not only to see if I could do it and how my body responded but as for a seven day cleanse for this Whimpy Pallav three days would suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment