Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Nine Pound Bully

It saddens me that someone feels so low so beaten so emotionally scarred that in order to survive feels that making another human being feel just as low, beaten or emotionally scarred will aid in their own healing.  Well, it doesn't.  You just look like a fool.  As a former recipient of those aforementioned bullies when I see another human or animal being bullied it effects me to the core. From the tender age of 10 to just out of high school I was bullied and I didn't really do anything wrong, people just felt that it was o.k. to treat me that way.  In high school I even contemplated moving to another county because i was un happy and dreaded going.  I remember one particular phone call i received it was just before graduation and somehow this person got my phone number.  I never talked to this person we had a few classes but i never really associated with her. She said she was calling to invite me to a school wide party and everyone would be there...i could hear laughter and snickering and one nasty comment about me in the background where upon I respectfully declined. What happened to this person that was so horrible that they had to be that mean spirited?  Another incident was at a school function where we had to pick teams. I remember one boy in particular looked at me and said "Eww" ; ummm excuse me, you don't even know me!   Yes, High School was not fun for me.  I left town the day I graduated and never looked back.  Why?  Because of the daily targeting for bullies.

This morning i came to the realization that there is a bully in my midst.  As I was getting out of bed and ready to start my day I am usually greeted by my sweet Lenore.  She usually sits quietly next to me or she was conducts her famous "drive bys".  She likes to start at the window, jump down from her perch, walk around the bed to the other side, jump on the bed and walk right across my chest back to the window. She does this five or six times until eventually I do get up to get her morning snackie cake. 

This morning Lenore was doing her morning rounds and in between she would sit quietly on the bedside table and wait.  She was minding her own business when her younger brother sprung out of nowhere and attacked her.  This wasn't your usual kitty playtime attack this was the act of a bully!  She jumped off the bed and started to walk out whereupon I heard a yowl and when i looked over Lenore was on the ground in defensive mode and Milo was standing over her.  It was clear Lenore wanted to be left alone yet Milo kept egging her on. 

I will not have this behavior in my house.  Milo was given a time out and Lenore was able to get her bearings.  After about 5 min in timeout Milo was given his breakfast.  I don't condone bullying.  It's hurtful, un necessary and brutal.  People are losing their loved ones because someone else cannot be civilized and feel that making someone else feel low and unimportant will somehow boost themselves up.  If bullying boosted your self esteem so much so that everyone is your friend and you are well liked then why are there only a few cowards that do it?
This is something that really shakes me to a core. This Whimpy Pallav will not stand for bullying especially in her own home and certainly not by members of her family (furry or otherwise).

1 comment:

  1. I love that you were not a bystander to the bullying!! Way to stand up for your cat.

    ReplyDelete