Oh, boy! I'm turning the big 4 0 this year and honestly, 40 years ago, i don't think anyone would've thought this to be true. I think most people would cringe at this and don't get me wrong, I'm still not 100% fuzzy bunny cozy with this but...
When I was born I almost...and should have died...the nurses who held me told my parents I was a fighter that they could hear it in my cries. I'm riddled with scars from surgeries that inevitably saved my life to prove it but as a young hoodlum saw them as sadistic tattoos i never asked for.
Now as resembling something like an adult I'm finding that i want to really embrace these "tattoos" yet at the same time flip the universe the biggest, stinkiest, loudest bird ever all the while screaming at the top of my lungs....Dear, Universe...you lost (and in true Simpson style add a "ha ha")
When i was little, my mom would make me send Christmas cards to the doctor that saved me I never fully understood what this meant...until now. I'm not sure if he's still even alive, but if i could find his address, this year, I would send him a birthday card.

No comments:
Post a Comment