Working in publishing I know it's important to get the information out there that is clear yet doesn't take away from the authors voice. HOW the author sounds is just as important as WHAT the author says. As a novice writer myself i find it frustrating when you work hard on a piece and someone comes along and wants you to spin it on what their perception of what you are trying to say and asks you to change your voice. That is a HUGE no no in my book.
With that said...not only am I working towards becoming a Certified Health Coach specializing in Ayruvedic Medicine but I am working towards becoming a Certified HypnoLife Coach. My mentor is fabulous! She's been so patient with me and I'm slowly making progress. I'm learning on what key issues to hone in on and what questions to ask but I also find I get a little frustrated. Being the novice writer I have a tendency to use words that not everyone may use. I am a very introverted person and spend waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time over thinking ideas and concepts and along with that comes the inability to get words out vocally. On paper I have no trouble. But when I'm expected to vocalize what it is I'm trying to say I stumble. I notice that when I try to speak of something particularly painful to talk about my throat closes up and I have a hard time getting the words out. For so long I have just been keeping my mouth shut about my thoughts I don't know any other way than to write to express my thoughts. Often more times than not I find I'm easily ignored and insignificant. But there is good news in this area...I've been inhaling using aroma therapy oils more specifically one that opens up my throat chakra. This has been helping me get my words out without that horrible habit of studdering to rear it's ugly head.
This Whimpy Pallav's voice has been burried for far too long...well, no, I don't think it was ever found. She's still working on finding it.
No comments:
Post a Comment