Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Derp


If Jiva had a poster child….here’s what it would look like:


Milo is one giant, furry, four footed hairball of a Jiva.  He can’t stay in one place for more than a second, he’s always getting himself into pickles.  I’m constantly saying “Milo NO” and he tries to subject his big sister in all of his shinannigans. He just can’t sit and rest for more than 5 min and he’s always peeking around corners to make sure he’s not missing anything fun.  Whenever I walk past him he swats me with his paw.  One time he smacked me in the bum! 

I’m telling you this because my own Jiva is running rampant and I needed to show a visual as to what I think my jiva might look like.  I can’t seem to get organized, I can’t finish projects, I’m always looking over to see what’s going on where and who is doing what. I can’t just focus on what I need to be doing.  I’m feeling scattered and overwhelmed with everything that I have to do.  I keep telling myself…o.k. when I get time I’ll finish X, when I get time I’ll start X, when I get time I’ll have more time.  X comes and X goes and I’m still stuck in the same spot I was 3 months ago and I’m still struggling to find the time.  Honestly, I really don’t know how some people do it.  Some people do have help of a partner and that’s great.  It’s twice as hard when you are on your own.  There’s no one to piggy back house hold chores, do the grocery shopping, make sure the garbage is out on the curb and putting them back in.  

My new regimen requires me to go to bed at 10 p.m. these days it’s just not possible.  I did cut down by dropping one class but this still leaves me with little time to do anything productive.  The demands put upon me are becoming more and more taxing.  How much do I have to give up before I completely end up in the nut house?  With the exception of an occasional get together with some old camp friends, I have no social life.  Who has the time!?  I find my day starts at 5:30 and doesn’t stop until I’m finished….IF I finish. Sometimes I just throw in the towel at 2 a.m. and surrender to the siren songs of my pillow. 

I keep thinking, if I could just have one afternoon to rest and collect myself I’ll be o.k. but that one afternoon never comes or if it does come, it’s fleeting.  Seems there is always some demand put upon me. In order to save my sanity I’m really going to have to start saying no.    So, in an effort  to settle my own little green hatted Jiva this Whimpy Pallav will not be readily available.  Please do not take this as a snub.  I-just-don’t-have-the-bandwidth.  At least not right now and if you are really paying attention you would know, this entire post was my Jiva poking, prodding and sniffing just to cause chaos and mayhem.  Much like my little furry friend, my Jiva is out of control.  As cute, cuddly, and full of love that he is my jiva is usurping my energy…This Whimpy Pallav has become her very own time bandit..

No comments:

Post a Comment