I recently returned from a Hypnotherapy conference. I attend this conference every year and every
year I come back more knowledgeable, more skilled and above all more
confident. This year I became aware that
the need to spread the meaning Seva is imperative. As I sat around a table with other colleagues
talking about case studies and brainstorming, the topic of what someone charges
for their services came up. Some people
charge exuberant amounts of money and when I asked what types of Seva they
preform they looked at me blankly. “Do
you do any selfless service of some kind” I explained, and was answered looks
of confusion. Again, I asked "Do you offer any free classes, seminars, or consultations to the community?" and again I was answered with blank faces accompanied with "we need to make a living somehow". My heart sunk.
We are given the gift to heal people; people
who most likely can’t afford traditional help and these colleagues didn’t take that
into consideration? I walked away with a
heavy heart and scared for my profession.
The next morning my heaviness was still there but it was accompanied
with a sense of renewal. I’ve been shown
that not everyone fully understands the power they hold. By making the commitment too
not only provide Seva within my Ayruvedic community but by educating my fellow
Hypnotherapists of the concept of Seva will make their own practice that much
more sweeter.
I’ve re-committed myself to what I’m studying and
will be including these teachings to not only just my potential Hypnotherapy
clients but my fellow Hypnotherapists as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment