Next to Halloween, summer gives me stirrings...o.k. maybe a little TMI but I am a sun worshiper. I love the sun, the long days, lazy Sundays, sleeping with the windows open, warm nights and one of my favorite flowers is back in season.
I love to sit and read on the porch while sipping a gin & tonic into the wee hours of the night while wearing next to nothing allowing the air to wrap me up like a warm blanket.
Summer is also a time to be mindful that although I love the sun I need to be careful. I'm extremely sensitive to the sun. If I'm in the sun too long without a hat I get a headache, my skin burns to a crisp (even if i use sun screen with a level of 50), and I'm left feeling drained and depleted of all life force. So with this in mind i need to find my happy middle place.
Finding shade is essential, wearing clothing that covers enough to stop the sun from burning my skin but light enough that I'm not sweating, and while I'm staying cool on the outside nourishing my body with food and drinks that keep me cool on the inside.
Foods and drinks that are light are on the menu this season. Choosing rice over pasta, salads that are more wet in consistency over dry, and drinks like Mango Lasi are the drinks of choice. Tastes more in sweet and cooling in nature are recommended. Some good "go to" vegetables like cucumber, squash, and dhoodi are good choices. Spices like cumin, fennel, cilantro, and mint are also good choices.
This Whimpy Pallav is embracing Summer in a new lens this year and is very excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment